Manage episode 275128112 series 1447297
Jessica Leachman, Global Social Media Insights & Analytics at a Global Biotech Company, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how to structure social media success on a global scale.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
It is almost impossible to be successful in social unless you believe in the mission of your organization. Jessica Leachman, Global Social Media Insights & Analytics at a Global Biotech Company, is emotionally invested in the outcomes of the organization she works for in a genuinely palpable, powerful, and persuasive way.
Jessica works for a major pharmaceutical and biotech company, and being passionate about the organization is about more than merely wanting the organization to be profitable and successful. Jessica cares about saving lives. Her genuine care for people has motivated her to build the company’s wildly successful social media presence so that they can reach, engage, and help even more people.
If you’ve been looking for a masterclass on how to do social media for a large multinational cooperation, this is the episode you’ve been waiting for. Even if you are a social practitioner for a small business, there is a lot of powerful insights that you can take from this episode and use in your own business.
In This Episode:
- 04:27 – How this Global Biotech Company is organized in terms of social media
- 06:41 – What social channels are used to reach patients and caregivers vs. medical professionals
- 08:48 – How social media adoption and integration has evolved
- 10:27 – How Jessica and her colleagues interact with social channels that are popular in other countries
- 11:50 – An insight into how the organization engages with their audience on social media
- 15:09 – Specific social media restrictions that must be followed
- 17:13 – How Jessica built a social strategy that incorporates the global nature of her role
- 22:13 – How to use the 80/20 rule to maximize social media success
- 24:32 – How doing social media right can save an organization money
- 31:08 – How social listening has helped this global organization find new ideas, concepts, and content
- 36:42 – How the world of dance and social media collides
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Jessica’s LinkedIn profile
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.