Manage episode 252754098 series 1447297
Scott Stratten, President of UnMarketing Inc., joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss his new book, The Jackass Whisperer, and reveals what you can do to silence the jackassery you experience at work, at home, and online.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
The world of social is filled with jackassery. Beneath almost every post, tweet, caption, and video, you’ll uncover an infinite pool of vile comments left by faceless individuals we like to call trolls.
It’s time for a jackass rebellion. Sure, it’s almost impossible to escape jackasses at work, at home and online, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help to stop the worldwide jackassery epidemic. As Scott Stratten points out, if we want to stop some of the jackassery, we need to start by looking in the mirror.
In his new book, The Jackass Whisperer, Scott spills the hard truth - If you can’t spot the Jackass next to you or anywhere you happen to be present, then the Jackass is probably you. We create our own noise and we have to be the change we want to see in the world, both offline and online.
In This Episode:
- 03:59 – Scott breaks down the concept behind his new book, The Jackass Whisperer
- 08:09 – Whether social media creates or exposes jackasses
- 10:51 – How social has made us both better and worse people
- 15:37 – A few of Scott’s favorite ‘jackass moves’ on social media
- 17:29 – How jackassery levels differ across different social media platforms
- 27:40 – Why silence is one of the biggest jackass moves
- 30:26 – Tips for dealing with online jackassery
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s State of the Connected Customer Report
- Read Scott Stratten’s new book, The Jackass Whisperer: How to deal with the worst people at work, at home and online – even when the jackass is you
- Learn more about Unmarketing
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.