Manage episode 262596555 series 1447297
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how you can use social media to connect with your audience during uncertain times.
Please Support Our Sponsors:
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn't do it without their help!
Full Episode Details
As we enter what is traditionally considered ‘commencement season’ for many, millions of students are finding themselves at a standstill. Lecture halls have been swapped for Zoom calls and cap and gowns have been replaced with ‘comfy clothes’ like joggers and trainers.
In a world seized by a global pandemic, how are major universities dealing with the impact of COVID-19 and leveraging social to engage with Higher Ed students?
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, has really perfected the university’s approach to messaging their students during this uncertain time. Abby talks about how she uses social media to bring some levity during these times by embracing pop culture in a way that is relevant to Purdue and speaks to their audience.
In This Episode
- 04:58 – How Purdue University are using social conversations to engage with students and organize on-demand commencement
- 11:16 – How different departments and team members have come together to help the university communicate effectively online
- 13:19 – How Abby’s team manages Purdue University’s brand voice across the board
- 17:31 – Why it’s important to find a balance between ‘COVID-19 messaging’ Vs. more ‘cheerful’ content
- 22:30 – How to choose what pop culture moments to play into
- 23:46 – How Purdue University uses past performance data to cultivate future results
- 26:46 – An insight into the successful hashtag engagement campaign for the launch of the Purdue Podcast
- Get the new State of Marketing report for free from Salesforce
- Find out more about the community at SocialMedia.org with a special form for Social Pros listeners
- Download Salesforce’s free eBook - “50 Best Practices for Email Marketers”
- Visit Purdue University’s website
- Listen to the brand-new Purdue Podcast
Visit SocialPros.com for more insights from your favorite social media marketers.