Manage episode 266394025 series 2130385
Rebecca is joined by leading SIBO practitioner, Dr Nirala Jacobi and dietician Heidi Turner to discuss their new Histamine SIBO Bi Phasic Diet. Histamine intolerance is common amongst the SIBO community so it is important to understand why we can develop an intolerance, what the common symptoms are, and what we can do about it.
IN TODAY’S EPISODE
- What are histamines?
- Why are they required in the body?
- What are the common symptoms when we have problems with histamines?
- How to identify histamine symptoms vs SIBO symptoms?
- How to test for histamine intolerance?
- What is the Histamine SIBO Bi Phasic Diet?
- Why should this protocol be followed for no more than 2-4 weeks?
- What is the process for reintroducing foods when you have been on a restricted diet for years?
- What is the histamine threshold?
- Why do your stress levels play a role in your histamine response?
- Why is there a spectrum of histamine intolerance?
- How SIBO and other gut conditions can lead to histamine intolerance?
- Why treatment and supplementation isn’t always the answer?
- Why mold exposure can be critical in keeping you sick?
- Can calming the nervous system and reducing screen time help your histamine intolerance?
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S PODCAST
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.