Manage episode 264546283 series 2130385
Leading SIBO specialist, Dr Allison Siebecker joins Rebecca Coomes in this 2-part podcast series to discuss the two most common types of SIBO. In today's episode they discuss Hydrogen dominant Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO).
To get the full transcription from today's episode, sign up for free as a member of The Healthy Gut Podcast: https://www.thehealthygut.com/podcast/hydrogen-sibo/
In Today's Episode:
- What is hydrogen SIBO?
- What are the common symptoms and how do they differ to other types of SIBO?
- What happens when you have abnormal symptoms for hydrogen SIBO?
- How you treat hydrogen SIBO: antibiotics, herbal antimicrobials and the Elemental Diet
- What dosages are the most effective?
- Why managing diarrhoea is so important
- When is the right time to test for SIBO?
- What symptoms you should watch out for prior to testing to know it's the right time to test
- Why abnormal episodes of diarrhoea can give you a false negative breath test result
- When to use electrolytes
- Why activated charcoal is so useful
- Should you tailor your SIBO diet if you have hydrogen SIBO?
Get the show notes here: https://www.thehealthygut.com/podcast/hydrogen-sibo/
Resources and Handouts Mentioned in Today's Podcast
- Listen to Dr Mona Morstein's interview on The Healthy Gut
- Learn more about adhesions with Alyssa Tait
- Listen to the podcast on adhesions with Larry and Belinda Wurn
- Get the SIBO Specific Food Guide
- Download the SIBO Bi Phasic Diet
- SIBO symptomatic relief suggestions handout by Dr Allison Siebecker
- SIBO Pro Course by Dr Allison Siebecker
- Barral Institute
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/thehealthygut.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.