Manage episode 258679073 series 2286416
Episode 120 Show Notes
Topic of the show: What are "Opposing Bases"? Also, PATRON Whiskey Charlie asked about reroute selection, chart usage, and general controller/pilot type of knowledge in the tower. AG and RH will give our opinions on the disconnect between two sides of the microphone.
- PATRON Juliet Bravo sent in some local VFR feedback for SoCal area.
- Supreme Galactic Aviation Commander Charlie Hotel provides some fun facts about practice areas and frequency usage.
- PATRON Golf Tango sent audio about the land down under!
- TERPS ELF Romeo Whiskey from Tornado Alley responds to our introduction last week.
- PATRON Mike Echo Hotel got the latest T shirt!
- PayPal Supporter Delta Charlie sent in timely feedback about OB117 and flight checks.
- PATRON and HOST of Aviation NewsTalk podcast, MT sent in some feedback about the use of our show title in traffic calls. #opposingbases
- PATRON Alpha Whiskey sent in a question about a military operation for AG.
- Bravo Golf sent in some feedback about TRIAD Tower.
- Juliet Mike wants to know our opinion on an exchange between a distressed pilot and a controller.
Question of the Week/Month Respond to the following statement: The use of an autopilot on an initial civilian instrument check ride should be limited to cruise flight or prohibited altogether. Send your response to Feedback@opposingbases.com.
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com You can support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website. Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases. Music by audionautix.com. Third party audio provided by liveatc.net. Legal Notice The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.