Manage episode 260021270 series 2286416
Episode 122 Show Notes
Topic of the show: What is taking that controller so long? Whiskey Charlie sent in a question on OB120 about a reroute that took a little while in the tower. On this episode, we will hear from two of the controllers that work at the facility providing the outstanding service. We find out why the reroute took so long, what obstacles are in the controller’s way, and how the controller tried his best using paper charts!
- PATRON Tango Foxtrot sent some more local knowledge about SoCal and intersection issues.
- PATRON Sierra Mike sent in autopilot comments and some resource management comments.
- PATRON Juliet Echo Charlie collected some audio of someone we know in an awesome ground control session.
- PATRON Local Mike Bravo and PATRON Foxtrot Kilo ask about GPS Interference testing.
- Juliet Kilo Lima sent in a response to the question of the week about instructors and is looking for some ways to handle communication issues with Non-Native English Speaking pilots.
- Echo Bravo asks about the rules of the road for flight following.
Question of the Week/Month When we can finally get back to normal, what’s the first thing you will do with regard to aviation. Tell us about your daydreams and what you look forward to the most! Send them here!
Mentioned in this show:
Finer Points with Jason Miller: https://www.learnthefinerpoints.com/
ATC Saks: https://atcsaks.com/
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com You can support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website. Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases. Music by audionautix.com. Third party audio provided by liveatc.net. Legal Notice The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.