Manage episode 265778174 series 2286416
Episode 131 Show Notes
Topic of the show: AG and RH continue the discussion on traffic; specifically calling traffic in sight and the pilot’s responsibilities after the call is made. What happens if you lose the traffic? What are the controller’s responsibilities after the pilot says they lost the traffic? All of that and more of your awesome feedback!
- Supreme Galactic Aviation Commander PATRON India Mike got a slam dunk clearance!
- PATRON Charlie Papa sent in audio about looking for traffic.
- PATRON Romeo Whiskey hit a bird but he is close to his first solo!
- Supreme Galactic Aviation Commander PATRON Papa Lime from Race City Flight Operations asked about implications of ADS-B on minimum vectoring altitudes.
- PATRON Alpha Tango is involved in “opposing bases” to the same runway?
- Juliet Sierra wants to know if joining the localizer if a controller forgets the turn is appropriate.
- PATRON Alpha Whiskey has a question about entering a hold.
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com You can support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website. Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases. Music by audionautix.com. Third party audio provided by liveatc.net. Friends of the show and maker of bags to protect your ATC headset from dust and germs: ATCSaks.com. Legal Notice The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.