Manage episode 268310746 series 2286416
Episode 135 Show Notes
Topic of the show: This week, we are going to read a story about a missed radio call and subsequent pilot initiated go around. Situational awareness and prompt pilot action prevented a loss of runway separation. AG and RH will discuss what we can all learn from this story.
- Juliet Papa is a Private Pilot! Congratualtions!
- PATRON Juliet Hotel sent in a Christmas Laser Thingamajig story.
- Alpha November has an idea for a new shirt! #bingobangobongo
- PATRON Juliet Echo Charlie sent a link to a simulation of a Flight Check. Check it out here!
- PATRON Hotel Kilo sent his thoughts on the Class Bravo incident and a link to an article about the Brotherhood in Avaition.
- PATRON Kilo Whiskey asked about “Flight following with handoffs”.
- PATRON Bravo Bravo Whiskey asks how he can better prepare his student pilots for solo operations at a towered airport.
- PATRON Juliet Bravo asks about flight following with handoffs.
- PATRON Juliet Whisky Mike is a Commercial Pilot with his instrument rating! Congratulations!
- PATRON Echo Lima sent a link to a shout out from the Uncontrolled Airspace Podcast (shout out at 51:48 Episode 1001) Thanks for the shout out, UCAP!
- Mike Hotel loves the chit chat about ATCSaks.com!
Have a great week and thanks for listening! Visit our website at OpposingBases.com You can support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website. Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to email@example.com. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases. Music by audionautix.com. Third party audio provided by liveatc.net. Friends of the show and maker of bags to protect your ATC headset from dust and germs: ATCSaks.com. Legal Notice The hosts of Opposing Bases Air Traffic Talk podcast are speaking on behalf of Opposing Bases, LLC. Opposing Bases, LLC does not represent the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, or the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. All opinions expressed in the show are for entertainment purposes only. There is no nexus between Opposing Bases, LLC and the FAA or NATCA. All episodes are the property of Opposing Bases, LLC and shall not be recorded or transcribed without express written consent. For official guidance on laws and regulations, refer to your local Flight Standards District Office or Certified Flight Instructor. Opposing Bases, LLC offers this podcast to promote aviation safety and enhance the knowledge of its listeners but makes no guarantees to listeners regarding accuracy or legal applications.