Manage episode 282618658 series 2342628
Mark is joined by fellow co-founder of Progressive Property Rob Moore and together they discuss how you can get the highest returns when investing £500,000. Learn today how £500,000 could allow you to invest in 14 single let properties, why it would be a good idea to invest your money in a freehold block of flats and how you can make huge savings by purchasing your own office blocks.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
How To Perfectly Invest £500,000 |Property | Stock Market | Business
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERIES
Watch Live On The Progressive Property YouTube Channel Every Monday At 7 PM Tiny.cc/PPTV
Listen To Audio Recordings On The Money Podcast bit.ly/moneypodcastitunes
- With a £500,000 property investment you can secure 14 single-let properties with a price range of £120,00-£130,00 and putting down a £35,000 deposit. These properties can be running simultaneously with a refurb scheduled every 6-9 months. It is a great strategy to achieve long term capital growth.
- Many units on the high street have been battered and valuations have dropped in a big way and many are empty. There is a big opportunity to put a shop in the unit and convert the uppers into flats. There are a lot more of these opportunities to come; we are only at the beginning of this.
- With £500,000 you can buy a freehold block of flats. The property may need a refurb and once this is done you are able to rent all the flats out. These are good investments because since you own the freehold it is similar to buying a house, you don’t have all the ground rent. There are really good opportunities since the values have dropped and there are currently plenty of tenants available.
- It is a very good idea to buy your own office blocks for your company. By buying your own office building you are making a huge saving every year and the property itself will go up in value every single year.
Stocks and savings:
- If you are going to invest in classic cars it is best to start off with something cheap. Buy a low mileage, better quality car and in the end, you will make a better profit. Work your way up and build up your collection. Buy a ‘Classic Car’ insurance policy if your car is garaged which will allow you to keep your insurance costs down.
- Holding physical gold is a good investment. Buy the gold physically and put it in a secure vault and allow the asset to mature.
- Whilst it is a possibility to buy a company with half a million pounds, you really do need the experience to know if what you are investing in is a viable business. People will usually try and sell you something that works for them and often it will not be worth your money.
“You are going to end up with a great return on investment.”
“You’ve really got to know what you’re doing.”
“If you have a passion for something you are going to learn how to do it well, if not better than anyone else.”
“Your timing of what you buy is really important and sometimes it is wise to wait for the market to come back down.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE A NEW INVESTMENT SERIES
ABOUT THE HOST
Mark has bought, sold or has managed around 1,000 property units for himself, Rob, his family and his investors since 2003. He is a system and spreadsheet geek and has developed a complex, confidential deal analyser system of buying residential, commercial and multi-let properties.
ABOUT THE GUEST
Rob Moore is an author of 9 business books, 5 UK bestsellers, holds 3 world records for public speaking, entrepreneur, property investor, and property educator. Author of the global bestseller "Life Leverage" Host of UK's No.1 business podcast "The Disruptive Entrepreneur."
"If you don't risk anything, you risk everything."
Rob’s official website: https://robmoore.com/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.