Manage episode 277687736 series 2392864
The feast is served. Choose whatever two-dimensional foods you like. Crêpes, flatbread, McDonald's hamburgers. You get the idea. Listen in as Luke and Gabe discuss Futurama Season 10, Episode 1: 2-D Blacktop.
Follow us on Twitter @ALMPod or on Facebook at facebook.com/almpod/.
Check out our website at almpod.com.
Episode Synopsis: After Planet Express ship is scrapped, professor saves it from the junkyard and rebuilds it into a super racer. But an accident during a race sends the ship into a two-dimensional universe.
On this show:
- Gabe and Luke debate whether structure is important in the episode or humor carries the day
- Luke lists which Fast & Furious movies he’s seen, and the level of satire the writers used here
- Gabe discusses how this episode breaks the story circle
- Gabe and Luke both converge on the same Demolition Man reference from this episode
- Gabe does his amazing impressions of the street racer’s dark backstory