Manage episode 267835629 series 2476584
**WE'VE BEEN SHORTLISTED IN THE BEST PODCAST CATEGORY OF THE CREATIVE IMPACT AWARDS 2020 - YOU CAN VOTE FOR US HERE**
S2E2: Catri Barrett speaks to psychotherapist and author, Julia Samuel MBE. As one of the UK’s leading psychotherapists, Julia helped launch and establish the charity Child Bereavement UK and was awarded an MBE in recognition of her services to bereaved children, as well as an Honorary Doctorate from Middlesex University.
In this episode, we speak about...
- Healthy grieving and what you can do if you're struggling right now after the loss of a loved one or experiencing a crisis or change.
- Living loss: How we can all experience grief during times of change at any point in life such as losing a job, moving house, becoming a parent, aging or during a pandemic.
- How the pandemic has bought up the reality of our mortality a lot more up close and personal and what this means for us all moving forward.
- Julia shares her 8 pillars to help you feel more steady and become more resilient and better adapt to and navigate change.
- Julia unpacks the biggest misconceptions that surround grief around 'getting over it', healing with time, forgetting and moving on.
- The importance of talking about death and loss. How the Victorians did grief well but sex badly in comparison to nowadays where we talk about sex a lot but are very bad at talking about death.
Come and say hello over on Instagram...