Manage episode 270425843 series 2476584
**WE'VE BEEN SHORTLISTED IN THE BEST PODCAST CATEGORY OF THE CREATIVE IMPACT AWARDS 2020 - YOU CAN VOTE FOR US HERE**
In S2E7, Catri Barrett speaks to self-harm expert and educator, Satveer Nijjar. Satveer is the founder of Attention Seekers, which offers bespoke self-harm awareness training to schools, workplaces and institutions.
In this open, raw and educational episode, Catri and Satveer explore...
- The different definitions of self-harm and what it means to self-injure and self-poison
- Triggers of self-harm: emotional distress and struggling
- Risk taking behaviours: how sexual and criminal risk taking and sabotaging relationships can be intentionally harmful to oneself.
- Spotting potential early signs
- How to best support and speak to someone who is self-harming even if you don’t understand
- Ways to remove the stigma and taboo that is fed by fear and a lack of understanding
- Potential barriers that prevent someone from engaging with support and treatment ways to overcome this
- Unhelpful language and phrases that should be avoided when talk to someone, or about, self-harm and better alternatives.
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow Satveer Nijjar on Instagram.
Follow our Host Catri Barrett.
If you’re struggling, there are many resources, apps and websites that you can reach out to for support…
- Hub of Hope App
- Campaign Against Living Miserably
- NHS / PHE One You
- Text Crisis messenger service SHOUT.
- CALM HARM App
- Stay Alive app
SPECIAL GIVEAWAY: Win a 12-week Symprove programme.
How to enter:
1. Leave a rating and write a review of the Curiosity Club podcast on either the Apple podcast app or itunes.
2. Take a screenshot and either share it on your Instagram Stories tagging @thecuriosityclub_ or email it to email@example.com
• Reviews must be written between 12.08.20 and 31.08.20
• Giveaway closes midnight BST 21.08.20 and the winner will be randomly selected 1.09.20 and contacted privately via email or Instagram DM.
Thank you to Symprove for sponsoring this season of the Curiosity Club podcast.