Manage episode 270977967 series 2476584
**WE'VE BEEN SHORTLISTED IN THE BEST PODCAST CATEGORY OF THE CREATIVE IMPACT AWARDS 2020 - YOU CAN VOTE FOR US HERE**
Eve draws on the science and research around the gut-brain connection alongside her clinical experience to give insight into how this bi-directional relationship works, and the diet and lifestyle steps that can support this connection. She writes her regular column PSYCHOLOGIES magazine called HAPPY GUT, and hosts masterclasses with THE GUARDIAN.
In this episode Catri and Eve explore:
• Functional Medicine: Addressing underlying courses and triggers for an individual instead of just the symptoms
• The relationship between gut health and the other systems of our body
• How our gut health can affect our overall health and wellbeing
• The role our gut health has in our immune system, managing inflammation and in producing neurotransmitters
• The function of the vagus nerve and why it's important
• What is the gut/brain connection, why it's important and how our gut communicates with our brain
• Psychobiotics and how new studies are exploring the ways gut microbiome and the types of neurotransmitters they produce could have a role in supporting some types of therapy for people with mood disorders
• What can challenge our gut health: our lifestyles, quality in our soil, overuse in medications - antibiotics and anti-inflammatories - stress, digital stimulation switching our minds on constantly, sleep etc.
• How you can use your daily 'movements' and no.2's to check-in on your gut health
• Way's to support your gut health for a happy gut, happy mind.
You can order Eve's latest book Happy Gut, Happy Mind here.
Follow our host, Catri Barrett
Follow Eve Kalinik
This season of the Curiosity Club podcast is sponsored by Symprove. Use code CURIOSITYCLUB15 for 15% discount on your 12-week Symprove programme.