Manage episode 257549930 series 2499001
For Anna Brones, the point of creating is rarely the end result - it's all about the satisfying act of doing. While a lot of us are missing the time we normally spend outside, Anna reassures us that there's inspiration to be found with the materials we have on hand.
In this episode, we talk with Anna about the Creative Fuel Challenge she started for anyone who wants to join in and Women's Wisdom Project. The latter is the culmination of two years of work and celebrates the wisdom of inspirational women through beautiful, deceptively simple papercut portraits. These women are environmentalists, artists, writers, advocates, and more.
Featured in this episode: Anna Brones
Hosted by Gale Straub
A production of Ravel Media
In this episode, you'll hear:
- Why creativity is so important in the age of COVID-19
- About Anna's Creative Fuel challenge - creative prompts sent to your inbox that anyone can do to step outside of their daily routine
- How Anna is experiencing the outdoors, very close to home
- Anna's Women's Wisdom Project: 100 paper cuts of inspiring women
- Why quotes need context
- What Anna learned from taking on such a big creative challenge
- Anna Brones: Website & Instagram
- Creative Fuel Challenge
- Anna's books
- Women's Wisdom Project: Vashon Center for the Arts
- Cheryl Strayed on She Explores
- Learn a bit About Word Choice: Spaz and others
- She Explores Landing Page
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
- Danner: Learn more about the Trail 2650 hiking shoe at Danner.com.
- Appalachian Gear Company: Learn more about the All-Paca Fleece Hoodie. Get 10% off at checkout using code SHEEXPLORES.
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Music is by Kai Engel, Josh Woodward, and Lee Rosevere using a Creative Commons Attribution License