Manage episode 262901090 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 178 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Holly Richmond back to the podcast. In this episode she speaks with me about shame after sexual trauma, how survivors can regain their desire, learning to re-engage with positive sexual experiences and the importance of seeking out sex positive therapists.
Dr. Holly Richmond is a Somatic Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist (CST), and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT). She is one of North America’s leading sex therapists serving Hollywood’s elite as well as prominent corporate clientele, nationally and internationally. With offices in New York, Los Angeles and Portland, Dr. Holly is a trusted authority on sexual health issues with a significant media following.
She is regularly quoted in publications and media outlets including The New York Times, CNN, Shape, NBC, Wired, Forbes, Health, Men’s Health, Cosmopolitan, and Women’s Health. She is a sought-after consultant in the sex tech industry and is seen as a pioneer in bridging the gap between sexual health and entertainment. Dr. Holly’s ‘Next-Sex’ platform and forthcoming book reflect her keen interest in the exploration of sex and technology, and how they work together as human sexuality evolves in the 21st century.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why do survivors experience shame around sex?
- Misconceptions around the causes of rape
- How people feel sexual shame after trauma in their bodies?
- Learning to show up for your body
- Navigating having positive sexual experiences
- Unhealthy habits survivors can pick up
- How desire disappears as survivors restrict their sexuality
- Looking at sexual dysfunctions
- Why it’s important to seek out a sex positive therapist
Find Dr. Holly online
Find me online:
Find me on social media:
Download my new ebook for free here:
101 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Hot:
If you are interested in booking a video counselling session with Dr. Moali:
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio