Manage episode 275528955 series 1401993
Brittani Coury is a Paralympic snowboarder and registered nurse who loves spending her winters in the mountains. It’s where she’s found a second family, it’s where her stubbornness and dedication have helped her realize her potential as an athlete.
Brittani hasn’t had a straight path in her athletic career. So she knows a thing or two about starting over, pushing through, and having fun. Which makes her the perfect person to learn from in this episode, whether you’re new to skiing or snowboarding, or looking to level up in skill and the amount of time spent on the mountain.
We asked you what questions you have about skiing and snowboarding. Our hope is that everyone out there listening will be empowered by Brittani’s story and expertise to safely explore the slopes - whether It’s possible this season or in the many winters to come.
Featured in this episode: Brittani Coury
Hosted & Produced by Gale Straub
A production of Ravel Media
Sponsored by Ikon Pass
- Featured in this episode: Brittani Coury
- Ikon Pass
- She Explores Episode on COVID-19 and Outdoor Rec:
- KSL Classifieds (Utah Marketplace where Brittani has found used gear)
- REI Used Gear
- Ski Resorts with Adaptive Skiing Programs
- Chill Denver - Snowboard & Skateboard programs for youths 10 - 18.
- Team Summit: Elevating Youth
- Ski Duck: Skiing for Disadvantaged Kids
- Ravel Media
Sponsors and Discount Codes
Episodes air weekly on Wednesdays-- subscribe wherever you listen so you never miss an episode.
Music is by Utah, Jacob Montague, & Uncle Skeleton via Musicbed.