SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast: The Good Life Approach - Your weekly podcast with the little extra Solution Focus for your daily life!
SFP 96 – Reaching out to Young People: Solution-Focused Community Work with Joe Chan
Manage episode 260092233 series 2115681
SFP 96 - Episode 96: Reaching out to Young People: Solution-Focused Community Work with Joe Chan
by Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Simply Focus Podcast |35:02http://www.sfontour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SFP-96-Reaching-out-to-Young-People-Solution-Focused-Community-Work-with-Joe-ChanJoe-Chan.m4a
“We are here really to engage, to partner with the young person.”
“Whatever you prepare, is it in line with what they want?”
“We do recognize that every young person is unique.”
“Be a useful human being to another human being. (…) Just be curious, ask the right questions, and just wait and see.”Joe Chan
In today’s episode, we talk with Joe Chan, Solution-Focused Practitioner and Head of Youth Services at Reach Community Services in Singapore, about
- what fascinates him with Solution Focus,
- where they are with their research project right now,
- how Solution Focus influenced the practice of the Youth Center staff members,
- what he aims at with Solution Focus at the REACH Youth Center,
- the concept of ownership and how they support the young people to become owners of what they want,
- how they provide a spectrum of activities to fit the idea that every person is unique,
- how they integrate Social Media and internet activities in their programs,
- how his practice evolved over the years with Solution Focus,
- being solution-focused as a leader,
- the Youth Resource Pack that they developed,
- how they will notice that they are the place to go for youth work with Solution Focus,
- the importance of embracing the stance of not knowing with young people,
- The Challenge of the Week: Put yourself out there on Social Media and share something about yourself and your SF practice.
- Check out REACH Community Services and Joe’s work at REACH Youth Service.
- Connect with Joe on Instagram and Facebook and follow REACH Community Services on Instagram, Facebook.
- To learn more about the research project Joe is conducting together with Debbie Hogan from the Academy of Solution Focused Training in Singapore, check out their Solution Focus Brief Therapy SFBT Research Sharing 2020 on Youtube.
- Check out the Youth Resource Pack in English and Polish.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Joe and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Listen to more Simply Focus Podcast episodes:
The post SFP 96 – Reaching out to Young People: Solution-Focused Community Work with Joe Chan appeared first on SF on tour.