Manage episode 289641180 series 2884519
In this Episode, Esmie and Jen Discuss:
- Struggles Jen faced growing up. (Being a female over 6 feet tall, bigger than peers, an eating disorder and accepting herself,)
- Jen's Adulthood and the struggles. (Alcohol addiction, going to jail, hospital visit and learning self-love)
- How Jen overcame her struggles and discovered her passion. (Self- acceptance, exercise, affirmations, helping others)
- Loving herself enough to change her life. (Doing things she likes such as switching jobs, doing speeches, writing and having an encouraging partner)
- Things that made her feel proud.
- Jen's book, Reset. A book about changing your life and reclaiming your power.
- Accept yourself, and there are benefits to being different.
- Love yourself to truly live life, and overcome struggles.
- If you want your life to change, try to eliminate things from your life that are of no use to you.
- Try new things, spend more time on rewarding things that bring you joy.
- Struggles that are conquered brings forth victory and passion.
- Be happy to be yourself, there is no one like you, and that can be leverage if your best and being you.
- You can overcome your past. Others did it, and so can you if you believe.
"Being normal really isn't as cool as it is as being unique." – Jen Sugermeyer
PS. It’s important to disclose that many of the links on the esmielawrence.com website are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission, which allows me to continue hosting the blog and website. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Rest assured that the commission does not affect which items are listed on my website. Thank you for your support
Show notes by Esmie Lawrence. Audio production by Brian Calkins Podcast Mechanic