Manage episode 260766991 series 2584328
20 great episodes, 20 fantastic speakers, 20 different perspectives from people at the top of their game.
It’s time to go back to some of the Greatest Hits in Standing Ovation history – and no, this was not an easy task.
But when you have a Hall of Fame keynote speaker, an inspiration to audiences and peers alike, on the show… How could Sally Hogshead not be part of the Greatest Hits?
If you want to know how to get into speaking, if you want to hone your craft, if you’re at the top of your game – whoever you are, listening to Sally will help you take it to the next level.
And she’ll do it with her signature affable, engaging style. And maybe a shot of Jägermeister…
Clappers, this episode is packed to the rafters with sublime suggestions for speakers. Grab a notepad and let’s dive in.
Find out about:
- Why being different is best, and why Sally’s signature Jägermeister story proves it
- The hilarious origin story of Sally’s Jägermeister story
- How focusing your presentation around your advantages as a speaker will help you
- Why you should never try to be ‘the speaker for all audiences’
- What the difference is between a great keynote speaker and a world-class keynote speaker
- How the proximity effect can help you bond with your audience
- Why you should avoid certain events for the sake of you and your personal brand
Connect with Sally Hogshead:
Please Support Our Show Sponsors:
This show is sponsored by Content 10x, the content repurposing experts. Content 10x have a unique service just for speakers called Talk 10x, where they transform your presentation into a suite of unique content to help spread your message. Visit content10x.com/standingovation to learn more!
If you want to get better at the business of speaking, you need to attend a 3 Ring Circus bootcamp, run by Josh Linkner and his team. Josh has created a system that will get you more gigs, more repeat gigs and increase your fees. Get $500 off by using the promo code ‘standing’ on their website.
Brand Builders Group are the best in the world at helping you find your personal brand and monetizing it. They're offering any Clappers who want to take their speaking and personal brand to the next level a free brand strategy call. Visit brandbuildersgroup.com/so to schedule your free call.
For more information and to explore the show, click here.