Manage episode 285983747 series 2491851
We’re talking pensions! I know! Exciting stuff right!!
I never imagined that I would get excited about pensions but this episode has proved me wrong.
Don’t get me wrong, pensions are still pretty high up on the boring adult-ing scale of things but the potential that our pensions have to create a better world has blown me away a little!
Because did you know, that your pension, that you probably think very little about, other than when you see the section on your pay slip each month telling you how much has been taken out for it, could be investing your hard earned money in fossil fuels?
So we’re busting our guts trying to make the world a better place with the choices that we’re making, and all the while our pension money could be working directly against us. See! Now you’re getting interested right? And maybe not a little enraged!
The good news is that change is afoot. I’m chatting to Henna and Kenneth from an organisation called Make My Money Matter – a people-powered campaign fighting for a world where we all know where our pension money goes, and where we can demand it’s invested to build a better future.
We chat about...
- The $2.5 hole in funding for the UN SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)
- The £3 TRILLION sat in the UK's pension pots and what they might be funding
- What Make My Money Matter does and the impact it's having and wants to have
- How to find out who your pension is with and where it might be invested
- How we can influence investors and pension providers to divest their investments from fossil fuels
- The power of 'activism', 'clicktivism', and template letters
- And lots more...!
- Make My Money Matter
- Sign the petition
- Be a Net Zero Hero - find out where your pension provider are investing your money (and then take action!)
- UN SDGs
- Pension Tracing Service
- The Good Pensions Guide from Good with Money
- Ethical Consumer guide to ethical pensions
-  - Be good and do good with your money (podcast episode)
- The Knackered Mums Eco Club
- The Sustainable(ish) Guide to Green Parenting
Where is your pension? Do you know?
Are you off to find out?
Let me know how you get on!