Manage episode 262919068 series 2494797
So, many weeks ago, back in the long forgotten times when people socialized together and we recorded our podcast in-person, and before Scarlet teamed up with us to class up this show and keep it firmly in the mostly-family-friendly radio space, there was another co-host.
But his life got too busy with a new job, his other show, and a book deadline, so he had to say goodbye to his regular gig here. It took us—especially Dave—some time, but we healed. So, today, Barnabas joins us on the show to catch up!
Listen in as we discuss:
- What we should really call endorsement requests
- If Scarlet is becoming a weird pet person
- Writing in normal times vs in the time of social distancing
- Why Dave should read an advance copy of Barnabas' new book
- What Scarlet might like about westerns (even if she probably won't read them)
- The category of books Barnabas wants to sucker punch
A few of the books we mentioned this week
- Hoping for Happiness by Barnabas Piper
- Another Man's Moccasins by Craig Johnson
- Doc Savage: Man of Bronze by Lester Dent
- Batman: The Last Knight on Earth by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- Stay Hungry by Sebastian Maniscalco
- Miracles by C. S. Lewis
- A Lowcountry Heart by Pat Conroy
- The New Girl by Daniel Silva
- One Last Strike by Tony La Russa
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let's talk via email or DMus on Twitter or Instagram.