Manage episode 274994915 series 2390842
SHE has spoken: Misty Rosas, performance artist for Kuiil the Ugnaught, from The Mandalorian, is on the show today.
Misty’s story is incredible and her talent is unmatched, so I hope you enjoy her stories about getting the role, working on set, and listening to Nick Nolte’s lines every night, as much as I did. More topics include:
- Her first professional role … at Disneyland!
- Working with Stan Winston Studios on Congo as a Gorilla Artist.
- Stunt work on movies like Hunger Games - Catching Fire and Van Helsing
- The audition process for Kuiil, as well as the costume built by Legacy Effects
- Working within The Volume, especially with each director (Dave Filoni, Deborah Chow, Rick Famuyiwa)
Make sure you are following her on Instagram, @MissMistyRosas
Upcoming interviews include pre-pro legend David Dozoretz, the geniuses at BLIND Limited, and author of the Glove of Darth Vader series: Paul Davids.
And, this was a secret, but starting next week, we’ll be doing live video recap shows for The Mandalorian every Friday night, partnering with our friends at Scener. More info to come, but I cannot wait.
It is always so appreciated if you can leave a 5-star review of the show right here on your favorite podcast app, or on Podchaser: podchaser.com/TalkingBay94
Transcripts of previous episodes are starting to become available over at talkingbay94.com, which I hope will serve as a resource.
For more behind-the-scenes stuff, as well as a link to some of our other in-depth interviews, check out: