216 - Cynthia Long chats with us about her passion for teaching ASL and helping other teachers and professionals who use sign language with children and students
Manage episode 274489679 series 2430396
Cynthia Long chats with us about her passion for teaching ASL and helping other teachers and professionals who use sign language with children and students
- EdTech Tool: Kami (Chrome Extension)
- The Power of Words: Teacher Language That Helps Children Learn by Paula Denton
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron
- Who to Follow on Social Media: @lessonpix (Twitter)
- What's A Good YouTube Channel or Website for Educators?
- Instructional Tips: https://www.pocketfulofprimary.com/ (Website)
- Enneagram: https://jayhidalgo.com/the-enneagram-for-schools-teachers/ (Website)
- Sign Language: https://aslteachingresources.com/ (Website)
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Routine: Look at yourself in the mirror and say "I am going to make an impact on my students today".
- Best piece of advice you've ever received: Notice “Sliding Door” moments. When a person is talking, they may slip in one sentence of pain or joy in the middle of their conversation. They are “opening the door”. Pause and step into that conversation. Don’t talk and tell your story, instead ask questions and then be fully present and listen.
Special Bonus! Get Free PDF Copies of Cynthia's ASL Lesson Plan Books
- http://bit.ly/ASLLessonBooks (Coupon Code: ASLBOOK)
Links to Connect With Cynthia
- Website: https://aslteachingresources.com/
- Facebook Page: SignBabySign
- Instagram: @ASL_signbabysign
- Twitter: @SignBabySign2Me
- YouTube Channel: ASL Teacher Resources
- Book(s): ASL Lesson Books
- Bonus: ASL Teaching Resources
- Podcast: ASL Word Of The Day