Manage episode 279140178 series 2762883
By Audioboom, Marcus Luttrell, and Andrew Brockenbush. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Taylor Canfield brings an exciting twist to the story of an average American patriot and retired Navy SEAL. His unique post-military career path was to be the only retired SEAL to become a NASCAR driver.
Taylor’s non-profit organization, The Green Light Society, helps wounded combat soldiers via adrenalin therapy - anything that got their blood pumping before their injury, they will do again after their injury, even when it seems impossible.
In this episode you will hear:
- Taylor Canfield is NOT the sailor.
- I faked a few papers to start working at 14.
- Even if you can win [NASCAR] - if you don’t have sponsors, you’re not gonna race.
- Bad things happen, but you gotta go on living, so learn from it.
- Failure is actually a gateway to success.
- If you can learn from your mistakes, you can be unstoppable. If you’re not learning from them, you’re making those mistakes in vain.
- Get past the mental barriers.
- If I can do the SEAL training physically, you can do it. You have to convince your mind.
- The Green Light Society will go to the world’s end to recoup and get you back into what you love to do.
- It’s my way to give back and help guys that were less fortunate than I was.
- No ones gonna do the work for you.
- A lot of people don’t start because they’re afraid of failure, but you gotta get over that and just go for it.