Manage episode 168323048 series 1006618
Dmitri Saveliev is a startup veteran with an extensive Silicon Valley background. His experience in developing banking software for Fortune 500 companies has prepared him to lead a venture of his own, ServiceWhale. Derived from his own personal frustrating experience shopping for a heating and cooling system for his home in Princeton, NJ, Dmitri founded ServiceWhale in an effort to create a true market for home improvement shopping where pricing is easily obtainable and the experience is similar to that of how consumers shop for most products and services online.
Show notes at http://hellotechpros.com/dmitri-saveliev-technology/What You Will Learn in This Episode
- How ServiceWhale saved 1.5 man-years by using existing frameworks and APIs instead of reinventing the mousetrap.
- Why it has been diffifult in the past to find a "big-ticket" service provider for home renovation projects and how ServiceWhale is helping.
- How Dmitri manages a development team spread across 5 timezones.
- How the object-oriented "purist" developers in the past did more harm than good.
- The problems you need to focus on when building your tech company.