TTR: Episode 15 for the week of 9/20 - 9/26 2020 | We cover Cyber Security Insurance, to make sure your protected. | TikTok and WeChat still allowed for how long? | Microsoft is buying Bethesda, iD, and more | Hackers Targeting US Satellite |
Manage episode 272799475 series 2713139
In Episode 15, of TechTime Radio we are excited to have a packed show with a new segment called Nathan’s Nugget, and a special [Technology Insider] -27:11 about Cyber Security Insurance, what to look for to make sure your covered. We have our two core segments [Protect Yourself Today] -16:16 with our focus on cyber-crime, and our [Top Stories in five minutes] -4:36 segment. We have a new segment called [Nathan's Nugget] -45:35 and we close the show with our [Pick of the Day] -49:43 Whiskey Tastings | Episode 15 for the week of 9/20-9/26 2020 - Mike Gorday Guest
“Welcome to TechTime Radio with Nathan Mumm, the show that makes you go "Hummmm" Technology news of the week for Sept 20th - Sept 26th 2020.
---- [Top News in 5 Minutes]: Starts at 4:36
- TikTok and WeChat Both Avoid an App Store Ban for Now https://tinyurl.com/y4j46mtk
- Microsoft is buying Bethesda, id, and more studios - It now owns Doom, Quake, Fallout and The Elder Scrolls.
- Facebook Says it Will Stop Operating in Europe If Regulators Don’t Back Down
- The Preorder Rush is on, Did you get the hot new counsel for Christmas time?
---- [Protect Yourself Today]: Starts at 16:16
- Online Attacks Hit Education Sector Worldwide - DDoS and other attacks are surging because threat actors see an opportunity to disrupt schools. https://tinyurl.com/y244lavw
- 3 Iranian Hackers Charged With Targeting US Satellite Firms. Earlier this week, https://tinyurl.com/y32nohw3 two other Iranian nationals were charged with participating in a yearlong hacking campaign that targeted vulnerable networks in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East to steal "hundreds of terabytes" of data.
- 2 Russians Defrauded Cryptocurrency Exchanges. Two Russian nationals have been charged with using phishing techniques and spoofed domains to steal over $16 million from three cryptocurrency exchanges in 2017 and 2018, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
---- [Technology Insider] Main Segment: Starts at 27:11
In my full time job, yea not all time is on TechTimeRadio, I do consulting services and the hot item right now is make sure you have the CORRECT Cyber insurance. We talk about this with some key information on having coverage for "BAD ACTORS".
---- [Nathan's Nugget] Starts at 45:35
Top 5 Tips on Coverage for Cyber Insurance Coverage:
- Get a Quote from both Chubb and Travelers
- Make sure that this include the “BAD ACTORS” in the policy
- Make sure your having a 1 million dollar coverage
- Don’t spend more than 5k a year on a policy
- Make sure that any Third Party Provider that is giving you IT service has their OWN policy and that they cover your company on a rider so that they take reasonability for a breach. If your third parties will not do this MOVE to a new provider.
---- [Pick of the Day]: Starts at 49:43
Angels Envy Finished Rye
• $99.00 | 100 proof
• Nathan - Thumbs Up
• Mike - Thumbs Up