Manage episode 261384494 series 2456731
Episode Show Notes
Learn More About the Show
Free Productivity Resources
The 5 AM Miracle Book
Connect on Social Media
What does it take to lose 100 pounds, run 100 miles, direct and star in a documentary, and write a 1-hour stand-up comedy routine around the whole experience?
Well, my guest this week did all of those things in the last few years, and is here to share his amazing story.
In this week’s episode of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast I speak with Jeffrey James Binney about his wild adventures in the mountains of Colorado and how he survived something most people would never dream of attempting.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- BetterHelp [Get 10% off your first month with code 5AM]
- LinkedIn Learning [Sign up for a demo today]
- The 5 AM Miracle Audiobook [Read by Jeff Sanders]
- Focus@Will [Start your 2-week free trial]
- Jeffrey Binney [his website]
- Once is Enough [Documentary directed by Jeffrey James Binney]
- Jeffrey’s YouTube Channel [Lots of great stand up comedy videos!]
- Losing 100 Pounds to Run 100 Miles [My first interview of Jeffrey Binney]
- @JeffreyBinney [Jeffrey on Twitter]
- @JeffreyBinney [Jeffrey on Instagram]
- Leadville [100-mile mountain ultramarathon]
- Ian Sharman [Jeffrey’s trail running coach]
Jeffrey James Binney
Jeffrey James Binney is an ultra-runner, documentary filmmaker, actor, and stand-up comedian.
After losing his mother to obesity-caused heart disease, he was inspired to get in shape by running a 100-mile mountain ultramarathon in Leadville, Colorado.
In his new film Once is Enough, a self-styled “docu-comedy,” Jeffrey shows us how the loss of his mother inspired his loss of 100 pounds and his ability to run 100-mile races.