277: Supplement Manufacturing 101, Benefits of Intra Workout Carbs, and 3 Reasons to Do Assistance Exercises Feat. Derek Charlebois
Manage episode 266662017 series 1459650
In this episode, PR Breker CEO Derek Charlebois, and I answer questions from my Instagram (@huntfitness). Some of the questions include the ins and outs of supplement manufacturing, intra-workout carbohydrate intake, assistance exercises, and more! Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
Grab my new book, Strength Training for Beginners:
Hire Kyle as your coach: http://www.kylehuntfitness.com/services/
Questions on the show:
- My question is about training through pain. When you should, when you shouldn’t? I have tennis elbow, should I just do bands or machines for rehab? It hurts anytime I do deadlifts, rows, and curls.
- Intra workout carbs. Thoughts on usefulness and implementation?
- What is the best and most challenging moment in your fitness journey so far?
- When does it become important to add in assistance exercises like front squat or close grip bench press?
- Is it as important to be in a caloric surplus for strength gains as it is for muscle growth?
- What are your thoughts on fitness trackers? I have been thinking about getting a Whoop Strap.
- A question about CrossFit – Since there is a lot to balance, conditioning, gymnastics, Olympic lifting, and strength training, how would you recommend breaking up your sessions? For example, would you do conditioning in the morning and lifting at night?
- What have you added to your training within the last year that made a big difference?
- Who if anyone did you look up to or follow when you first started working out?
- What are your thoughts on Supersets? Are they effective if so, how would you set them up?
- What are your top 3 favorite shows of all time?
- Will there be an NFL season this year?
- Who do you have this weekend at UFC 251, Usman, or Masvidal?
Connect with Derek:
Connect with Kyle:
Bodybuilding For Beginners on Amazon:
Beginner’s Guide to Weight Lifting on Amazon
Get the OG Absolute Strength Program below:
Shop other training programs including - Powerbuilding, Meet Prep, Bench, etc.
Get 10% OFF PR Breaker Materia Pre Workout and Hitpoint Protein:
DISCOUNT CODE: “HUNT10” at https://www.prbreaker.com/