Manage episode 258701682 series 2424372
Are you a credible teacher? We’ve invited Mike Huebner from The Credible Teacher onto the show to talk about the importance of teacher credibility in student learning and what we can do to be perceived as credible by our students.
- What it means to be a credible teacher and why credibility is important.
- How to be more human in the classroom so that our students feel connected to us and view us as credible.
- The power of storytelling to connect with your students.
- The importance of developing self-awareness and self-love as a teacher and how this improves our effectiveness in the classroom.
- How meditation and mindfulness can help us to be better teachers.
- What we can do to have a deeper impact on our students’ wellbeing and learning.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
How can we be there for our students in these times of heightened anxiety, worry and stress without being physically in the same space as them? How do we address their social-emotional needs?
As teachers, we are currently facing the reality of remote teaching and learning – just when students need tools and strategies to manage their emotions the most.
How do we continue to support our students’ needs from a distance?
What resources do we use?
How will we ever explain to parents how to teach this to their kids?
Navigating all of this can be so overwhelming!
To make this transition easier, we invite you to join our free online training where you will learn exactly how to help your students face life’s challenges… from a distance!
You will even leave the workshop with a ready-to-use online social-emotional learning resource (in English and French) that can effectively be used remotely by both you and your students’ families.
The best part? There’s no prep required on your part. Everything is ready for remote teaching and learning.
Give your students and their families the tools and strategies they need to manage their emotions in these difficult times.
Click here to make your life a little easier https://mailchi.mp/educalme.com/remoteteaching
Share this post on Pinterest so other educators can learn how to be a credible teacher too!
A special thanks to our sponsor:
Use the code EDUCALME to get 15% off your order!
Let us know in the comments, do you think it’s important for your students to perceive you as a credible teacher?