Manage episode 256226353 series 2494013
A study based on Jesus words in Mathew 6:25-33
#1 - Number one. The believer should not worry.
- The Christian. The follower of Jesus Christ should not be filled with anxiety.
- Now let me offer a word of clarification.
- Jesus was not saying that a Christian should not think about or be concerned with the needs of this like food or clothing.
- Jesus did not say, “Don’t think about food. Don’t concern yourself with clothing.”
- He said in verse 25, “Don’t worry about those things.”
Oh yes you need to concern yourself with them.
- Oh yes you need to think about a roof over your head and clothes on your back and food in your stomach.
- That is important.
- And that is something that we all need to consider.
In fact the Bible has many admonitions about saving our money and investing wisely and working hard for a living.
- So Jesus is not saying, “Don’t think about these things.”
- What He is saying is don’t be obsessed with these things.
- Don’t have anxiety about these things.
- Why? Because worrying doesn’t make anything better it just makes it worse.