Manage episode 267420949 series 29039
The credit for this whole episode goes to Melanie, who suggested that we have a conversation about the books that have shaped us over the course of our lives. So what we have here in Ye Olde Episode 193 is a discussion of Books We Have Loved - from childhood to adulthood. And it's not just that we love these books; it's also that, in big ways and small ways, these books have shaped us in some significant ways.
I swore and declared that I was absolutely not going to do links for all of these books - I even say that in the episode intro - but lo and behold I ended up adding links for almost everything that's currently in print. Click at will, my friends.
And just FYI: we are not condoning every situation in every book, we are not endorsing every author of every book, we are not subscribing to every philosophy in every book. We're just saying, HEY, THIS MEANT SOMETHING TO US, and by the way, that may have happened despite the fact that the author really enjoys the F word.
p.s. We also talk about Hamilton again. :-)
- Judy Blume books (SO MANY)
- Hail, Hail Camp Timberwood by Ellen Conford
- Just Like Ice Cream
- Hydrant (use the promo code BIGBOO for 25% off your first order)
- care/of (use the promo code BIGBOOCAST50 for 50% off your first order)
- Thrive Market (use this link to join and get up to $20 towards your first order)