Manage episode 274392601 series 2637334
Today on the Brief:
- Is the “blue wave” Democrat victory narrative in the presidential election starting to shake up Wall Street?
- Johnson & Johnson pause COVID-19 vaccine trial
- 1000 Satoshi-era bitcoins are on the move
Our main discussion: The world’s central banks are moving quickly on digital currencies. NLW looks at a slew of recent news showing how much of a priority CBDCs are becoming:
- A report from the Bank for International Settlements and seven other central banks setting design principles for CBDCs
- A G20 regulatory standards framework
- A forthcoming OECD tax reporting framework
One need only look at the increasingly speedy rollout of China’s DCEP to understand why this has become a major priority for central banks everywhere.