Manage episode 272554011 series 2500159
Price transparency remains in the crosshairs for both providers and regulators. On today’s show Ann Gallagher and Corey Sturm review the latest news regarding the CMS’s Price Transparency Final Rule, and discuss what’s next for providers come the Jan. 1, 2021 compliance deadline. They cover lessons learned about implementing price transparency at the state level, and steps providers should be taking now to ensure compliance.
This episode features Change Healthcare’s Ann Gallagher, senior product manager of Patient Access, and Corey Sturm, product manager of Connected Consumer Health™ provider solutions.
- The backstory on CMS’s Price Transparency Final Rule
- Where the regulation stands today
- Which states are already implementing price transparency rules
- Results of state efforts so far
- Whether early efforts have succeeded or struggled, and why
- States that might serve as models for other areas of the U.S.
- Steps providers need to take to meet the regulation by Jan. 1st
- Steps that are more challenging than others
- Pitfalls to avoid when ensuring compliance
- How the regulation can benefit providers
- How providers can use the regulation as a point of differentiation
- Recent Harris Poll research that documents why providers should embrace price transparency
- Ann Gallagher’s bio
- Corey Sturm’s bio
- The 2020 Change Healthcare – Harris Poll Consumer Experience Index
- Change Healthcare - Harris Poll Research: Half of Consumers Avoid Seeking Care Because It’s Too Hard
- Change Healthcare Industry Insights
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- COVID-19 Updates Newsletter
- Change Healthcare Insights Newsletter