Manage episode 275527252 series 2312028
When it comes to longevity, the goal isn’t just to live as long as possible. The true objective is to live as vibrantly and energetically as possible, for as long as possible. So how exactly do we do this?
On this episode of The Doctor’s Farmacy, I was happy to sit down and talk with Dr. Frank Lipman about the biggest controlling factor when it comes to aging, the main longevity regulators in the body, and what we can do to activate them.
Dr. Frank Lipman is recognized as a vocal pioneer of integrative and Functional Medicine (or what he calls “good medicine”). Dr. Lipman is the founder of Eleven Eleven Wellness Center and the Chief Medical Officer at The Well. He is a sought-after international speaker and the best-selling author of six books—How to Be Well, The New Health Rules, Young & Slim for Life, Revive and Total Renewal—and his newest book, The New Rules of Aging Well: A Simple Program for Immune Resilience, Strength, and Vitality.
This episode is brought to you by Bioptimizers and Paleovalley.
Bioptimizers’ Magnesium Breakthrough formula contains 7 different forms which all have different functions in the body. There is truly nothing like it on the market. Right now you can try Bioptimizers Magnesium Breakthrough for 10% off, just go to bioptimizers.com/hyman and use the code HYMAN10 at checkout.
Paleovalley beef sticks are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, and non-GMO. Plus, they use 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, which not only adds to the flavorful taste, but also means they’re free of any harmful antibiotics or hormones that you’ll find in most meat. Right now, Paleovalley is offering 15% off your entire first order. Just go to paleovalley.com/hyman to check out all their clean Paleo products and take advantage of this deal.
Here are more of the details from our interview:
- Combining ancient wisdom and modern research for healthy aging (8:06)
- The changes Dr. Lipman has made in his own life to age well (11:01)
- The biggest mistake people make in regards to food as it relates to aging (14:39)
- Getting adequate protein to prevent muscle loss as you age (17:35)
- How fasting supports the aging process, and the type of fasting that works best (20:15)
- How sugar and starch drive the aging process, and why muscle function and recovery from injury is so essential as you age (27:35)
- Why optimizing mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell, is key to aging well (32:29)
- Our epigenome, and why genetic predisposition is not the same as being predestined (38:06)
- How meaning and mindset influence aging (48:07)
- Is it worthwhile to take supplements? (50:09)
Follow Dr. Lipman on Facebook @DrFrankLipman, on Instagram @franklipmanmd, and on Twitter @drfranklipman.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.