Manage episode 269354995 series 2400265
In this episode, I talk about the important questions that we need to answer and the points we need to consider to ensure an effective meeting. Here are the steps you can follow and what can you do if these steps are not followed in a meeting you’re invited to:
- What is the goal you want to achieve?
- Do you need a meeting at all?
- Who is really needed for the meeting?
- Who will contribute?
- Who could derail the outcome?
- Who would you need as an ally potentially?
- How long do you need the meeting to be?
- Additional tip - start 5 minutes after the hour and stop 5 minutes before the hour
- Send the meeting agenda
- Always include the goals of the meeting
- Include any pre-reads
- Any action items specifically for some of the attendees (do you need to prepare someone 1:1 beforehand)
- Start on time and end on time
- Start with the goal
- Table any topics that derail from the goal
- Ask also those that are quieter
- Organize minutes from the start (maybe display them on the screen)
- Who does what by when - clearly identify action items
- Virtual meetings - turn on the video and set this expectation beforehand
Listen to this episode now and share this with your friends and colleagues!