Ep 145 - Lucinda Hartley | What defines a suburb & are all new suburbs the same? | Insights from Neighbourlytics.com
Manage episode 274259519 series 2445782
Have you ever wondered how suburbs are designed? What makes that suburb a community? And the role that urban designers play in moulding modern Australia? Lucinda Hartley Co-Founder of Neighbourlytics.com, discusses these complex questions with our hosts. Lucinda and her co-founder Jessica Christian-Franks have led the global conversation on urban innovation, holding positions with global bodies the UN and the World Bank.
Here’s what we covered:
- How do suburbs develop their own identity and community?
- What can people do to move into areas that suit their lifestyle?
- What data does Neighbourlytics utilise data to map social trends in suburbs?
- The correlation between a suburb's liveability and wellbeing?
- How should cities be built and organised?
- Where have we gone wrong in the creation of new builds and suburbs?
- How do new suburbs and towns on the fringes develop?
- What drives people to move out to these fringe communities?
- How will Covid change the social dynamics of cities?
- What can we learn from alternative community models from around the world?
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in October, 2020.