Manage episode 275314922 series 2445782
In today's episode, we have Paul Benson, Principal of Guidance Financial Services and published author of Financial Autonomy. Paul has been working as a financial planner for the last 20 years, working with a wide spectrum of clients, helping them gain ‘financial autonomy’. Paul gives his two cents on the property versus shares debate, adding in extra commentary from his book and own experiences with clients and friends on their journey to creating wealth.
Here’s what we covered:
- What is the difference between financial autonomy and financial freedom?
- How can people retire in their early 60s?
- Income replacement or wealth creation?
- How are people finding their 'true purpose' through work?
- How to deal with the temptation of trying to time investments?
- Why ethical and sustainable investing will be the future.
- Should you invest a lump sum in shares or property?
- With interest rates so low, are people taking on more home debt?
- Why do most financial planners not give advice around property?
- How do you build your share portfolio
- What are people investing in now?
New challenge!Reach out to us if you have a positive off-the-plan purchase, we would love to hear from you!
Send in your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in October, 2020.