Manage episode 280541676 series 2445782
It’s everyone's dream to become mortgage free but how do you do it and when is having debt a good idea? Welcoming esteemed long-term money commentator and financial literacy advocate Nicole Pedersen-McKinnon, Nicole is former editor of AFR’s Smart Investor Magazine and has recently published her book How to Get Mortgage-Free Like Me which reveals how Australians are shaving years off their loan term and becoming debt free. In this episode Nicole gives the scoop on how she and her clients have become mortgage free, and how everyday Australian’s can also make this dream come true.
Here’s what we covered:
- Why do people get confused by what you own versus what you own?
- How to borrow safely?
- What are some tips on being frugal?
- What are the most powerful debt free enablers?
- At what age should people aim to become debt free?
- Should people put more money in super or paying down home?
- Should you pay down your investment properties?
- Why should people not be fearful of debt but using it more appropriately?
- Are the current sub 2% rates an opportunity or a trap?
Send in your questions to: email@example.com
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded in November, 2020.