Manage episode 281490183 series 2445782
No one could have expected the economy, let alone the property market, to be flipped on its head this year. New restrictions and cases were a daily occurrence with all industries having to pivot rapidly or succumb to the down turn. Seeing with 2020 vision, we look back in hindsight on the property market, and how it performed, changed and adapted to market conditions. Moreover, we look at how 2020 has laid the foundations for the years to come, with all time low interest rates, changes to stamp duty and most importantly what consumers are looking to buy.
Here’s what we covered:
- Will investors come back into the market?
- What allowed an uptick in consumers taking out mortgages?
- How Labour losing the election had a massive impact on the property market.
- What are banks trying to accomplish with high advertising budgets and refinance wars?
- Have the grants for new homeowners been beneficial or detrimental?
- What will the stamp duty changes look like and how will they impact the overall market?
- How has Covid altered what consumers are looking to buy and will this possibly translate to what developers build?
- Will the access to super be hugely beneficial or will it compromise individuals futures?
- Will there be a third wave of Covid with relaxing restrictions and the introduction of the vaccine?
- What will happen at the end of payment holidays and jobkeeper?
COVID-19 EPISODES:Episode 112 | Pandemic Crisis (March 21st) Episode 115 | New Restrictions (March 31st) Episode 117 | Next Great Depression (April 7th) Episode 122 | Buying during pandemic (May 7th) Episode 132 | Societal impacts of Covid (July 13th)
Articles/Links:Good Deeds: THE EMBARRASSED BUYER SYNDROME Good Deeds: SYDNEY HOUSE PRICES HAVE STOPPED FALLING Good Deeds: IS IT A GOOD TIME TO BUY PROPERTY IN SYDNEY NOW? Home Buyer Academy - Free Course Suburb Trends
Send in your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EPISODE TRANSCRIPT: Please note that this has been transcribed by half-human-half-robot, so brace yourself for typos and the odd bit of weirdness…This episode was recorded on 15 December, 2020.