Manage episode 272552594 series 1883803
The year 2020 has been filled with a lot of surprises, mostly unpleasant, but not devoid of any bright spots. It’s no secret that investors, both new and seasoned, are anxious and stressed with the current state of the economy and the uncertainty of the future. But real estate has always found a way to thrive, regardless of market status. As someone who experienced and survived an economic crash, I want to help you have some form of clarity during these troubling times.
In today’s episode, I share my experience with the 2008 crash, the time I closed my restaurant, and when I went back to real estate. I discuss how conservative or aggressive your marketing should be today. I describe how you can respond to your naysayers and my personal experience with them. I explain the idea behind my passive income goal and how you can create your own passive income. I also discuss what you can expect from our upcoming Flip Talk Virtual Summit.
"Don't make your decisions in a fear-based vacuum."
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How my business was impacted by the 2008 recession.
- The day I had to close my restaurant and when I got back to real estate.
- My thoughts on how you should market in this type of economy.
- What you need to remember when working with contractors.
- How to respond to your critics and naysayers.
- How you can determine your passive income goal.
- Advice for those who want to understand investment opportunities.
- The importance of knowing your value as a real estate investor.
- How my business is running today and its current model.
- What you can expect from The Flip Talk Virtual Summit 2020.
Connect with me:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook and share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.