Manage episode 230424572 series 1691214
The legal environment these days almost demands that lawyers become experts in their practice areas. So before you can begin building your authority in a specific practice area or industry, it’s important to select a niche that provides the best possibilities for growth. That’s what we’re discussing in this episode: how to identify the five qualities of a lucrative business niche to build your law practice around.
Joining me today is Jacob Slowik, a partner with Joseph, Aleem & Slowik who represents healthcare businesses and co-author of the book, Small Law; Big Success: How to Use Business Niche Specialization to Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Law Practice. Jake and his law firm partners built a multi-million-dollar law practice before they were 30 years old. That is impressive! They did this by using a novel strategy of business niche specialization.
Prior to Joseph, Aleem & Slowik, LLC, Mr. Slowik was an attorney with the real estate practice group of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP in New York, New York. Mr. Slowik is a graduate of Harvard Law School and received his B.S. in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University.
Carolyn Elefant’s emerging practice areas list
Book Giveaway Rules:
- It's free to enter
- Who can enter: Any listener of The Gen Y Lawyer Podcast
- How to enter: Screenshoot your podcast player showing this episode and share it on your Instagram stories and be sure to tag me so I can account for it @nicoleabboud_ and/or Share this episode on LinkedIn and be sure to tag me as well there Nicole Abboud
- Each share on Instagram or LinkedIn is considered an entry
- One winner will be chosen randomly
- Giveaway runs from April 1, 2019 to April 15, 2019 at 5pm PT
- Winner must have a US mailing address (postage paid in US only)
A huge thank you goes to our show sponsor:
Abby Connect:Abby Connect, the live receptionist service loved by small businesses. Get your 2-week free trial and $95 off your first month at http://abbyconnect.com/genwhy
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for Listening!
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I would really appreciate it if you shared this episode with a friend who could benefit from listening to this particular episode.
If you haven't already, please don’t forget to subscribe to the GWL Podcast in Apple Podcasts or in Stitcher Radio. That way, every time I prepare a new episode for you, it’ll automatically show up in your phone.