Manage episode 227996298 series 1691214
For many, public speaking is terrifying. For others, it’s just a fun hobby. For me, having the opportunity to stand in front of a crowd and capture their attention for a prolonged period of time is a privilege and an opportunity for business development, when done right. Over the past 7 years, when I decided to take public speaking more seriously and to make it part of my business, I’ve learned how to work the stage, so to speak, to make public speaking an additional source of revenue in my business.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Before you begin your speaking journey, you should know what you’re talking about
- Why selecting a few topics to become known for is way more effective than listing about 30 things you can talk about
- Practice and preparation is key and can mean the difference between delivering a mediocre presentation and delivering a presentation that helps you secure business long after you present
- Even if you’re serving on a panel with others, how can you best prepare?
- Set up a speakers page either on an existing website or as an entire website dedicated to you as a speaker
- Should you speak for free or only accept engagements that pay you?
- What can you be doing with your slides to help provide the necessary information for attendees to know about you
- When responding to questions
- How can you promote an upcoming speaking engagement on social media without sounding obnoxious?
- What is the best way to get the most out of video footage that you might have recorded while you were presenting?
- How to find conferences to apply to speak at
The Rebel Speaker Podcast (now renamed the Rebel Rising)
A huge thank you goes to our show sponsor:
Abby Connect:Abby Connect, the live receptionist service loved by small businesses. Get your 2-week free trial and $95 off your first month at http://abbyconnect.com/genwhy
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for Listening!
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I would really appreciate it if you shared this episode with a friend who could benefit from listening to this particular episode. A special thanks to our sponsor Abby Connect.
If you haven't already, please don’t forget to subscribe to the GWL Podcast in Apple Podcasts or in Stitcher Radio. That way, every time I prepare a new episode for you, it’ll automatically show up in your phone.