Manage episode 224600530 series 1691214
Seeing that it’s the beginning of a brand new year, assuming you’re listening to this right when it airs, I thought it would be perfect to talk about clarifying our vision, laying down some goals, and fiercely chasing after them. Whether you already set your intentions for the year or you’re just now getting around to thinking about the year ahead, it’s never too late to learn how to properly align your goals for the year with your vision for your life and career. If you’re thinking of adding a new practice area, transitioning to a new job, or leaving the law all together, you’ll find the courage and the action plan in this episode.
Joining me to help us do just that is attorney, speaker, author, and personal and professional development strategic coach, Heather Hubbard.
A huge thank you goes to our two show sponsors:
LexisNexis: From predictive analytics to research solutions, legal tools from LexisNexis can help you research more thoroughly, work more efficiently and build stronger strategies. Visit http://lexisnexis.com/podcast for Terms and Conditions and to see how you can get a custom solution tailored precisely for your budget.
Abby Connect:Abby Connect, the live receptionist service loved by small businesses. Get your 2-week free trial and $95 off your first month at http://abbyconnect.com/genwhy
Highlights from the Conversation:
- Start with your vision of what you want in life (and you can DREAM BIG here!)
- What if you can’t formulate your vision because it’s too scary or overwhelming? What do you do then?
- Once you’ve locked down your vision, you have to ask yourself: where am I now and where do I want to be?
- After setting your strategy, you then begin to lay down some goals to support the strategy
- What should you use to measure your progress and determine if you’re even moving in the right direction?
- When you finally reach your goal(s), you should celebrate! So should you pop bottles, buy new clothes, or celebrate with others?
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for Listening!
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I would really appreciate it if you shared this episode with a friend who could benefit from listening to this particular episode. A special thanks to our sponsors Abby Connect and LexisNexis.
If you haven't already, please don’t forget to subscribe to the GWL Podcast in Apple Podcasts or in Stitcher Radio. That way, every time I prepare a new episode for you, it’ll automatically show up in your phone.