Manage episode 262370023 series 1681
Between 2013 and 2019, several incidents involving unidentified "rogue" aircraft encountered by Navy pilots occurred in military airspace off the East Coast of the United States. The incidents, detailed in newly released "hazard reports" obtained via Freedom of Information Act request by The Warzone and other outlets, are shedding new light on the ongoing saga of the Navy's UFO encounters... but what do the new reports really tell us?
This week on The Micah Hanks Program, after giving a breakdown of the media's coverage of these new developments, we are joined in studio by writer Brett Tingley, a reporter for The Warzone--the publication that broke this story--and US Air Force veteran Jeff Smith, a retired C-130 navigator with close to 3000 hours in flight, who help us wade through the details of these hazard reports and what they mean. Are "unidentified" objects really the main concern, or should be more worried about technologies that are much closer to home? We'll ask these, and other questions about mysterious "rogue aircraft" on this week's edition of The Micah Hanks Program.
Coronavirus Charities: If you are able, please consider supporting the following charities that are offering relief for those affected by the coronavirus pandemic:
- CDC Foundation Coronavirus Relief
- No Kid Hungry Responds to Coronavirus
- Direct Relief: Coronavirus Pandemic
- American Red Cross: Give Blood
- Feeding America
- Meals on Wheels
- Homeless Shelter Directory
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah's other podcasts here.
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Earthquake strikes near Area 51, felt from Utah to California
- Doctor Recalls Hallucinations, ‘deceased loved ones’ While Battling COVID-19
- Trump unveils U.S. Space Force official flag
- NASA Just Released The Artemis Accords
- Thousands of New Satellites Are Scheduled to Enter Orbit, And Astronomers Are Worried
- NAVY UFO UPDATE: Navy Reports Describe Encounters With Unexplained Flying Objects
- Will the New York Times Ever Stop Reporting on UFOs?
- THE WARZONE: Here Are The Navy Pilot Reports From Encounters With Mysterious Aircraft Off The East Coast
- Brett Tingley and Jeff Smith Supplemental Articles:
- May 12, 2020: "Here Are The Navy Pilot Reports From Encounters With Mysterious Aircraft Off The East Coast” Ty Rogoway, The Warzone
- May 14, 2020: “Protecting Against Rogue Drones” report is released by the Congressional Research Service (coincidence?)
- June 2016: "The Alarming Case of the USAF’s Mysteriously Missing Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles” Ty Rogoway, The Warzone
- February 2020: "Internal Air Force Emails Show Confusion And Concern Over Colorado's Mystery Drones” Brett Tingley, The Warzone
- March 2020: "Drones Have Been "Raining" Small Bombs On American Troops Guarding Oil Sites In Syria” Joe Trevethick, The Warzone
- SpaceX Starlink constellation: "The Air Force And SpaceX Are Teaming Up For A 'Massive' Live Fire Exercise”
- X37-B Space Plane: "X-37B Space Plane's Microwave Power Beam Experiment Is A Way Bigger Deal Than It Seems”
- "Here Is What The Pentagon Is Not Answering About The Air Force And Recent UFO Encounters"
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Follow Micah on Instagram
Music featured on The Micah Hanks Program includes songs composed by Caleb Hanks (The Clerk Chronicles), Decepticons (Dreamland, Start the Machine) and Micah Hanks. All songs are either in the public domain, Royalty Free, Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, or are used with permission of the creators. Please note that some links to books and other items on this page may feature Amazon Associate links.