Manage episode 262399986 series 1854876
If you’re a highly ambitious person and have big goals set for yourself, you’ll need to learn to be a little more selfish. We only have 24 hours in a day and to achieve everything that your heart desires, you might have to stop overgiving to your partner, children, friends, coworkers, acquaintances and everyone else in your life.
In this episode, I had the pleasure of talking to Lori Kennedy. Lori is a business coach for health and wellness professionals who started her own business after certain life circumstances came together and made her take action. She and I chat about what strategies she uses to find her wellbeing in times of uncertainty. Lori shares why you need to claim more time back in your day to chase your dreams and what you can do to take back that time. She also talked about her own process for finding her greater why and the sacrifices she’s made to grow her business as a single parent.
Lori Kennedy is a divorced #hockeymom of 2 (girl and boy). Her professional designation is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist but she doesn’t self-identify with that title anymore. She’s the host of The Business Of Becoming Podcast and the producer of the The Wellness Business Summit Annual Live Event! Lori is a self-proclaimed introvert, highly sensitive person, intuitive empath and is very tone deaf. She’s a lover of the Universe and G-D (in a spiritual and non-religious way), karaoke, pierogies, Beyonce, fresh sheets and dance walks – usually with Beyonce playing in her ears.
Inside this episode, Lori shares:
- How watching others grow makes her feel most alive
- How Lori got into her career as a business coach
- What she believes about creating the person you want to be in the world and how life circumstances caused her to take action
- Tools and strategies Lori uses to find wellbeing in uncertain times
- Why you have to be selfish and stop overgiving to other people
- Strategies for stealing time during the day
- How to cultivate the belief that you come first
- Her process for finding a greater why
- The sacrifices that come with being an entrepreneur and parent
You can find more about Lori at:
Check out our Hungry for Happiness community for more details, programs, and tips on how to thrive as a wellness coach!
The Hungry for Happiness podcast combines personal development, deep conversations, and comedy to shake up the way you connect with yourself and the world. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts so you don’t miss an episode!