Manage episode 262774961 series 42508
Facts are only facts for a period of time. This is true in science, in history, in economics, everywhere. But sometimes we forget that information changes. We get stuck thinking it’s stagnant. And then WE become stagnant. But if you can look at facts and information from an alternate perspective (through the lens of a rocket science), you’ll know how to get unstuck, persuade better, deal with uncertainty, have creative breakthroughs and more. In this episode you’ll learn how Einstein (and other geniuses) learned to think differently). And why this will help you deal with the current fluctuation of facts and information.
Ozan Varol is a trained rocket scientist and the author of "Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life."
In this episode we talk about:
- How Einstein learned to think differently
- How to deal with unclear information and uncertain times
- Where scientific (and creative) breakthroughs come from (and strategies to have them more often yourself)
- How to embrace the unknown
- What makes an idea groundbreaking
- How to imagine beyond society's limits and create something new
- How to re-imagine the status quo
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thanks so much for listening! If you like this episode, please subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” and rate and review wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: