Manage episode 247583466 series 2030630
You find criticism somewhat punishing rather than productive -- especially when it's given by people you love. So how can you stop taking feedback so personally? We'll explore this and more on the latest Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/287
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- How should we refer to our listener base?
- Is there a reason to share your salary with anyone else?
- Is it your imagination that there's tension between you and the only other woman in the office?
- As a business owner, how should you respond to competition fishing for pricing?
- How do you find hangout buddies?
- What can you do to help your boss step up as the leader you need him or her to be?
- Are extremely confident people drawn to jobs like teaching? Or is it the job that brings out the best in people?
- How do you keep contacts in your network from going cold?
- How should you stop taking feedback so personally -- especially when it's given by the people you love?
- Life Pro Tip: Compliment people on what you want them to be, even if they may not live up to it yet. Because when people hear themselves referred to in a certain way, they’ll be motivated to act more that way.
- Recommendation of the Week: Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator (And advice: Don't believe everything you see in any documentary. Always do some follow-up research before treating it as gospel!)
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan this February? It’s filling up fast; reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, join his podcasting club, and...