Manage episode 251344015 series 2030630
You're in your thirties, and although you've had reasonable success running your own business, you've always believed that you were lazy and unmotivated. You recently got diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Adderall, and everything changed for the better. You're finally a hard worker, don't get distracted easily, and finish things you start. It's been a huge lifesaver and a huge boost to your self-confidence.
After hearing Jordan talk about his negative experiences with Adderall in high school on the Darren Prince episode, it got you concerned.
Your brother has been using Adderall for years, and said something that worried you. While on vacation, he lost his prescription and felt the need to find a doctor who could write him an emergency prescription. He regularly has to restrict towards the end of the month to make sure he doesn't run out, which signals he's taking extra doses.
Should you be concerned for your brother getting addicted?
Are you at risk of becoming dependent if you stay on it for years?
We'll talk about this and much more on this latest episode of Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/304.
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan for his birthday this February? The trip is officially full, but if you really, really want to go, reach out to email@example.com and we'll do our best to squeeze you in!
- Adderall's been a godsend in helping you focus since you were diagnosed with ADHD, but you worry you might become dependent on it over time. How can you avoid becoming addicted to study drugs?
- As a police officer, you train recruits to communicate effectively by treating people like humans, building rapport, and displaying empathy. So what's the best way for an officer to build rapport quickly during, for example, the brief interaction of a traffic stop?
- You want to help your mom move closer to you and the rest of the family because you know it will help alleviate her depression, but you're not exactly rich. How can you raise a loan or borrow money to cover her move and a place to live in a short amount of time?
- You slacked in high school and now you're a 30-year-old custodian. You have the ambition to return to school and seek work in the infosec/cybersecurity industry, but your wife is unable to work and you make just enough to get by. How can you stay working full time and return to school without spending money you don't have?
- What are our thoughts on investing in cryptocurrency in 2020?