Manage episode 262587296 series 2030630
Your unstable roommate physically attacked you over an argument about laundry, and then she filed a protection from abuse order against you! Now even your family doesn't seem to believe your side of things, and abuse hotlines seem to dismiss you immediately because of your Y chromosome. Even though you're in debt, should you get a lawyer to defend you in case she tries to extort you through the legal system? We'll tackle this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, we banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/355.
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- After seven-and-a-half years, we're losing a J! :(
- When an unstable roommate tries to kill you and then convinces your family and friends and the legal system that you tried to kill her, is it time to get a lawyer even on your tight budget? [Thanks to Corbin Payne for weighing in!]
- You're self-conscious about being Asian American during this pandemic, and your sister is even getting racist verbal abuse hurled at her in high school. What is the right attitude and perspective for you both to carry during this trying time?
- What's the least awkward way to respond when someone self-deprecates themself in comparison to you?
- You were recently selected for a diplomatic job in the Balkans with the Army, and despite your aversion to firearms, you'll be required to carry one. How do you mentally prepare for this compromise of your pacifist ideals?
- You're one semester from college graduation, but nobody in your family knows your GPA is disappointingly low. To top it off, your three younger siblings are set for Ivy League schools and you feel like an unemployable fraud in comparison. How can you improve your outlook?
- Recommendation of the Week: Kill Chain: The Cyber War on America's Elections
- A quick shout out to Mercedes!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!